Religious Education Sacraments
First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
(For 2nd graders)
As a part of our Elementary Religious Education program, we help to prepare our 2nd graders to receive their First Sacraments. This year is an important milestone in their faith journey and we at Incarnation are blessed to walk with them. In partnership with parents and guardians, we work to help form our children so that they continue to grow in their love and knowledge of Jesus and His Church.
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Program Components:
- A full year in a Faith Formation program or Catholic school is required the year prior to participating in any Sacramental Programs (typically this is 1st grade).
- We begin the year with preparation for First Reconciliation followed by First Eucharist preparation in January.
- The First Reconciliation and First Eucharist programs are both a classroom and family based program in which parent participation is required.
- Large group parent meetings and parent/child events reinforce and enhance the lessons and are required parts of each program for all participants.
- Parents will be provided with materials to do sacrament preparation at home with their child for each sacrament.
Reception of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
(For 3rd-8th graders)
Children in Grades 3 – 8 who would like to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion at Incarnation Parish must:
- Attend Religious Education on Wednesday evenings or attend Incarnation Catholic School.
- Attend all Parent meetings and the Parent/Child First Eucharist Retreat
- In addition to Religious Education classes, the student will need to attend Sacramental Preparation Classes. These will be scheduled on an individual basis.
To register for our Religious Education Program-Click Here
(for students not enrolled at Incarnation Catholic School)
“Preparation for Confirmation should aim at leading the Christian toward a more intimate union with Christ and a more lively familiarity with the Holy Spirit.” Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraph #1309
It is our goal at Incarnation to help our high school teens understand all that they have learned in Faith Formation leading up to this point and be able to apply it to their everyday lives. We want to help make disciples and followers of Jesus Christ. Our program does this in the following ways:
- Having a 2-year model with classes held once a month on Sunday evenings from 3-7:30pm that helps to shape the teen and encourages growth by asking questions, being in a small group and experiencing different forms of prayer (Year 1 and Year 2)
- Retreat options where the teens can dive deeper into their faith journey
- Encouraging our teens to choose a sponsor who can help them grow in their faith journey
- Instead of textbooks we use books and materials that are resources they can use for the rest of their lives.
- Using various forms of media to help articulate the message of Jesus Christ to our teens
- Having well trained teachers who encourage the teens to ask questions as they wrestle with the questions of faith in their lives
To register or find out more about our program-click here
Religious Education Menu