Elementary (Grades 1-5)
Family Faith Program
Elementary Religious Education is for those in 1st through 5th grade.
Our program consists of 3 parts:
Family Faith events, Parent sessions, and classroom sessions.
(We invite our children in Kindergarten, to register for our Early Childhood Religious Education Program
Family Faith Program of Incarnation Catholic Church
(For families with children in grades 1-5)
2023-2024 Fact Sheet
Mission for the Family Faith Program
- The Christian Family is the first and primary place of education for faith, prayer, engaging the sacramental life of the Church, and growing in relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Our primary goal as a Religious Education program is to provide parents with the support to raise their children in the Catholic Faith and build a family life which is built upon and completely intertwined with our faith. We want to encourage and support daily family prayer, discussions of faith, love for Scripture and the Eucharist, and charity to all.
- Registration begins on August 10th, 2023.
- To register online, please go HERE (available August 10th)
- If online access is not available for a family, paper registration forms will be available in the Parish Office.
- Cost to participate is for each household.
- Each household needs to fill out their own registration.
- The registration per household is $75.
- There is an additional fee of $20.00 per each participant for additional Sacramental preparation materials (see Sacrament classes section below).
- Partial scholarships are available.
- Contact the Director of Religious Education if this need is applicable to your family.
Class information and attendance
- The Family Faith Program is available for students in grades 1-5 and parents. Older siblings are invited to attend.
- We will meet one Sunday of each month (always the 1st Sunday of the month except for September) from 3:30-6pm beginning in September and ending in April.
- There will be separate classes for children and parents along with faith-related activities for parents and children to do together.
- Class Meeting Dates for 2023-2024:
- September 10
- October 1
- November 5
- December 3
- January 7
- February 4
- March 3
- April 7
- Attendance at all sessions is expected every month and essential to the Family Faith Program.
- NOTE: Parents (at least one, ideally both) are expected to attend faith formation sessions with their children.
- Family Faith Program activities will be shared at each gathering for the families to do together at home. It is strongly encouraged to complete them and use them as a tool to grow in faith together.
- Preparation classes for First Reconciliation and First Communion are offered for 2nd Graders in conjunction with the Family Faith Program. These 13 additional classes are required for children to receive their Sacraments at Incarnation. If an older child has not yet received First Reconciliation and First Communion, please speak to the Director of Religious Education.
- More information on the dates and times of these classes will be available soon at incarnationchurch.org/re-sacraments
Monthly Agenda for the Sunday classes:
- 3:30-3:40pm – Check-In/Opening Prayer
- 3:40-4:45pm – Teaching grades 1-5/Parent Faith and Fellowship
- 4:45-5pm – Head over to Church
- 5-6pm – Family Mass
Bibles and Catechisms
- All new families are given a Bible and Catechism the first year they register for the Family Faith Program. These resources are to be used in conjunction with monthly objectives and homework assignments.
- If you have any questions regarding the above information or would like to volunteer, please contact
Eva Gontis, Director of Religious Education at: email@example.com or by phone at 941-924-9566. Her Incarnation email will be active later in August.
Religious Education Menu